Prez Trump says all is okay after Iranian rockets hit two Iraqi bases hosting US troops in retaliation for killing of Iran’s senior general Soleimani by US.

C:\Users\Smita\Downloads\download (55).jpg

AFTER Iran launched retaliatory short-range ballistic missiles at two bases in Iraq that housed American troops claiming 80 casualties, POTUS Donald John Trump remains calm and asserts everything is okay. Iran had launched a series of attacks on US targets in Iraq including the targeting of two bases at Al-Asad and Abril in retaliation for  killing of senior Iranian general Qassem Soleimani in a US air raid last week .U S President  tweeted on Tuesday saying that “all is well” and announced he will be giving a statement tomorrow morning.”All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq. Assessment of casualties and damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well-equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning.,”  Iran launched a series of attacks on US targets in Iraq including the targeting of two bases at Al-Asad and Abril with over a dozen ballistic missiles amid rising tensions in the region following the killing of the Iranian general. Tehran has threatened to strike inside America if Washington responds to the missile attacks. Meanwhile, according to an initial assessment, the Iranian missiles struck areas of the al-Asad base that were not populated by Americans, a US military official and a senior administration official said. An Iraqi security source told CNN that there were casualties among the Iraqis at the base. In light of the recent developments in the region, the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said that it was restricting all civilian US aircraft from operating in the airspace over Iraq, Iran, and the waters of the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman. In Teheran, Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khomeini has called his country’s missile strike on US targets in Iraq a “slap in the face” for the United States and said that Washington’s troops must leave the region. Khamenei made the statement on television after the missiles were fired at the Ain al-Asad base in Anbar province and a facility in Erbil amid escalating tensions between Washington and Tehran. The Iraqi military said in an online statement that 22 missiles were launched on the two sites between 1:45 am and 2:15 am on Wednesday (22:45 GMT and 23:15 GMT on Tuesday). Two of the 17 missiles targeting Ain al-Asad base did not go off, the military said, while the five missiles on Erbil all targeted coalition headquarters. The supreme leader had pledged severe retaliation against the US air strike that killed Soleimani as well as Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis, the deputy commander of Iraq’s Popular Mobilisation Forces (PMF, or Hashd al-Shaabi), an Iran-backed umbrella organisation, among others. Iran’s Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said Iran had taken and concluded “proportionate measures in self-defence” under Article 51 of the UN Charter.”We do not seek escalation or war, but will defend ourselves against any aggression,” he said on Twitter. In Washington, US President Trump said on tweeter late on Tuesday that an assessment of casualties and damage from the strikes was under way.US officials have said Soleimani was killed because of intelligence indicating forces under his command planned attacks on US targets in the region. (with inputs  from  AL JAZEERA)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *