INDIAN Army destroys 4 terror launch pads: killing several Pak soldiers in POK

THE Indian Army on Sunday destroyed four terror launch pads in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir in a counter-attack launched against the ceasefire violation that killed two soldiers and a civilian in Jammu and Kashmir. Six to 10 Pakistani Soldiers and ‘Far More’ Terrorists Killed in Cross-Border Attack, Says Army Chief Bipin Rawat. Pakistani Army posts were also hit in the artillery gun attack launched by Indian Army that has resulted in more injuries on the enemy’s side, report TV news channels. It was a major offensive against terrorist training camps along the line of control (LOC) opening up artillery fire that took out at least four terrorist launch pads. This is the third instance of India directly targeting terrorist spawning infrastructure in inside Pakistani territory since 2016,say  news agencies  and TV news channels. Two Indian and half a dozen Pakistani soldiers have been killed after India retaliated to unprovoked firing in violation of a 2003 ceasefire agreement between the two countries. News18 reported that over 35 terrorists have been eliminated. An Indian civilian was killed and three injured, one of the people cited above said. Pakistan’s army spokesman disputed India’s version of events as well as the number of casualties suffered asserting on Twitter that nine Indian soldiers and five of its civilians had been killed. The Indian Army used artillery guns to target terrorist camps in Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) which have been actively trying to push terrorists into Indian Territory. Four launch pads in Neelam Valley of PoK were targeted and fatalities have been reported, sources said. This comes after an unprovoked ceasefire violation was started by the Pakistani side to push infiltrators into the Indian side, TV channels say citing sources. Two Indian soldiers and a civilian were killed in firing by Pakistan Army in Tangdhar sector of Kupwara in Jammu and Kashmir. In retaliation, the Indian Army inflicted heavy damages and casualties on the Pakistan side.”Indian Forces caused heavy damages and casualty to Pakistan after two Indian soldiers and one civilian were killed in ceasefire violation by Pakistan Army in Tangdhar sector,” an Indian Army spokesperson said. Over the situation following the ceasefire violation by Pakistan Army, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh spoke to Army Chief General Bipin Rawat. The Defence Minister is monitoring the situation and has asked the Army Chief to keep updating him on the situation. Later on Sunday, the Pakistan foreign office summoned Indian deputy high commissioner Gaurav Ahluwalia to protest the deaths Ceasefire violations by Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir have been at an all-time high in the past five years in 2019, as had been reported by IANS earlier. The total number of ceasefire violations by Pakistan till October 2019 have crossed the 2,300 mark. In the entire calendar year of 2018, the total number of ceasefire violations had been recorded at 1,629, says Hindustan Times. “Ever since Article 370 was abrogated we have been getting repeated inputs of infiltration from across the border…valley is returning to normalcy…but there are people working behind the scenes both within and outside the country to ensure that peace and normalcy doesn’t return to the valley,” says Indian Army Chief Bipin Rawat.(pic courtesy to TOI)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *