Netanyahu enters quarantine for 3rd time

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu at a joint press conference at the Ministry of Health in Jerusalem on December 9, 2020. (Yonatan Sindel/Flash90)

ISRAELI Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has self-quarantined  until Friday after meeting a person who was later confirmed to be a carrier of coronavirus, his office said Monday afternoon. Seventy-one years old Netanyahu underwent virus tests on Sunday and Monday and came out negative for the virus, the statement added The Times of Israel says several Hebrew media outlets reported that Netanyahu required quarantine after meeting last week with former Likud MK Michael Kleiner, who has subsequently tested positive for the virus. This is the third time that Netanyahu has been forced into quarantine since the start of the pandemic over exposure to sick staff members. The prime minister has said he would like to become the first Israeli to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, which could happen as early as Saturday night. Netanyahu has Tweeted that he is “continuing to work around the clock to bring millions of vaccines to the citizens of Israel and to strengthen our economy. “He advised the public to, “Follow the guidelines and stay healthy!”. On Sunday, Netanyahu tweeted he and Health Minister Yuli Edelstein visited the Maccabi HMO coronavirus vaccine facility in Tel Aviv.PM Netanyahu: “What I can tell you today is that we are on the way to bringing forward the vaccinations. “In April, he had to enter isolation twice in the same week after being exposed to Covid-19 patients. Israel has reported a resurgence of the virus outbreak with a total of 358,293 diagnosed cases and 3,003 deaths as per the latest data issued  by the Health Ministry, says IANS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *