Dy CM Manish Sisodia interacts with parents, teachers on online education

Online education might create digital divide: Manish Sisodia ...

AS  educational institutions in Delhi remain closed due to  COVID-19 lockdown, Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, also holding education portfolio, on Tuesday interacted with parents and teachers as to how to improve the current online and semi-online education system. Speaking to them at a program hosted at KGSBV School (Chirag Enclave) Sisodia said, “According to the report the experiment is going well but I am here to understand the ground reality from you”. Emphasising the importance of schools’ education, he said, “Students are facing huge losses due to the ongoing pandemic. The kind of exposure and growth a child gets while coming to school cannot be compensated through an online medium. Our motive is to reduce the quantum of the loss which students are facing. Therefore, online and semi-online education is the need of the hour. Almost 83 percent of the children of this school and zone are connected with us through online and semi-online classes but the remaining 17 percent of the children have not yet been contacted. Nearly 35 percent of children of class 6th in this zone are not in contact as they are mostly those who joined Delhi Government school from MCD schools. Either their address is changed or they have changed their number and MCD schools did not update it before transferring them”. Crediting parents and teachers for the success of online education, Sisodia said, the Government has only provided the platform but all the hard work has been done by the teachers and parents. Some parents said that the children are enjoying this education a lot. One of the parents said that the children became irritable during the lockdown but online education is now helping them. Pic courtesy India TV news.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *